Current State of the Top 10 Motherboard Manufacturers in the World
Just how big is the global motherboard market? The global motherboard market is valued at USD 12, 900 million in 2020, and is expected to reach USD 14, 230 million by the end of 2026, growing at a CAGR of 1.4% during 2021-2026. Leading the way for growth are the top 10 largest motherboard manufacturers in the world in 2020. Asus is the largest motherboard manufacturers in the world accounting for over 13% revenue share in the global motherboard market. Asus is followed by MSI and Gigabyte Technology. This fact sheet is to breakdown who the top motherboard companies in the world are and provide insight on the biggest factors and trends driving growth in the market. This post will cover the following insights:
- Who is the largest motherboard manufacturer in 2020?
- Who are the top motherboard companies by revenue?
- What is the global motherboard market size?
- Motherboard market stats and trends you should know in 2020.
BizVibe is already helping the top 10 motherboard manufacturers in the world connect. Connect and track the latest news and insights from these companies.
Motherboard Market Stats and Trends
- The global Motherboard market will be valued at USD 14, 230 million by the end of 2026, growing at a CAGR of 1.4% from 2021-2026.
- The motherboard chipset market has grown from 78.7% to 83.3% in the past 12 months.
Top 10 Largest Motherboard Manufacturers in the World 2020
Which companies are leading the way for the top 10 largest motherboard manufacturers in the world in 2020? This is BizVibe’s complete list of the top motherboard companies in 2020.
Ranking number 1 on this list of the top 10 largest motherboard manufacturers in the world in 2020 is Asus, a Taiwanese multinational computer and phone hardware and electronics company headquartered in Beitou District, Taipei, Taiwan. In addition to motherboards, Asus products include desktop computers, laptops, netbooks, mobile phones, networking equipment, monitors, WIFI routers, projectors, graphics cards, optical storage, multimedia products, peripherals, wearables, servers, workstations, and tablet PCs. The company is also an original equipment manufacturer (OEM). Number 1 on BizVibe’s motherboard manufacturers ranking, Asus also ranked 6th in total computer hardware sales among all companies last year.
Asus was founded in 1989 and last year generated USD 12.11 billion — ranking as one of the top motherboard companies in the world in 2020.
- Founded: 1989
- Asus Revenue: USD 12.11 billion
- Asus Headquarters: Beitou District, Taipei, Taiwan
- Asus Number of employees: 5,667
Asus Key Products and Services
- Desktops, laptops, netbooks, mobile phones, networking equipment, monitors, projectors, motherboards, graphics cards, optical storage, multimedia products, peripherals, wearables, servers, workstations, and tablet PCs
Ranking 2nd on this list of the top 10 motherboard manufacturers is MSI, also known as Micro-Star International. MSI is a Taiwanese multinational information technology corporation headquartered in New Taipei City, Taiwan. MSI was founded in 1986 and is and in addition to being of the leading motherboard brands in the world, also manufactures designs, other computer hardware, and related products and services, including laptops, desktops, motherboards, graphics cards, All-in-One PCs, servers, industrial computers, PC peripherals, and car infotainment products. Last year MSI generated USD 4 billion in revenues — making it one of the best motherboard companies on this list in terms of revenue.
- Founded: 1986
- MSI Revenue: USD 4 billion
- MSI Headquarters: Zhonghe, New Taipei, Taiwan
- MSI Number of employees: 2,320
MSI Key Products and Services
- Gaming laptops, desktops, monitors, motherboards, graphics cards, and peripherals
- Content Creation laptops, desktops, monitors, motherboards, graphics cards, and peripherals
- Mobile Workstations
- Industrial computers
- Car infotainment
- Autonomous Mobility Robot
Gigabyte Technology ranks 3rd on this list of the top 10 largest motherboard manufacturers in the world in 2020. Gigabyte Technology is a Taiwanese manufacturer and distributor of computer hardware. Motherboards are Gigabytes primary product as they shipped 4.8 million motherboards last quarter, whereas Asus shipped 4.5 million motherboards. Gigabyte ships more motherboards than any company in the world. Gigabyte also manufactures custom graphics cards and laptop computers (including thin and light laptops under its “Aero” sub-brand). Founded in 1986, Gigabyte Technology is currently headquartered in Xindian District, New Taipei City, Taiwan, and currently employs 7,100 people. Last year Gigabyte generated USD 1.94 billion in revenues — making it one of the top motherboard brands in the world in 2020.
- Founded: 1986
- Gigabyte Revenue: USD 1.94 billion
- Gigabyte Headquarters: Xindian District, New Taipei City, Taiwan
- Gigabyte Number of employees: 7,100
Gigabyte Key Products and Services
- Air cooling
- Computer cases
- Computer peripherals
- Graphics cards
- Power supplies
- Server hardware
ASRock ranks 4th on this list of the top 10 motherboard manufacturers in the world in 2020. ASRock is a Taiwanese manufacturer of motherboards, industrial PCs, and home theater PCs, founded in 2002 and currently headquartered in Taipei, Taiwan. Aside from motherboards, ASRock also sells desktop minicomputers. Last year ASRock generated USD 329.5 million in revenues— making it one of the top motherboard companies on this motherboard brand ranking list.
- Founded: 2002
- ASRock Revenue: USD 329.5 million
- ASRock Headquarters: Taipei, Taiwan
- ASRock Number of employees: 324
ASRock Key Products and Services
- Motherboard Series
- Mini PC Series
- Gaming Barebone
- Industrial PC Series
- MultiBook Series
- Server / Workstation Series
Ranking 5th on this list of the top 10 largest motherboard manufacturers in the world in 2020 is Intel. Intel is an American multinational corporation and technology company headquartered in Santa Clara, California, in Silicon Valley. More than just a motherboard manufacturer, Intel is also one of the largest semiconductor companies in the world by revenue. Intel manufactures motherboard chipsets, network interface controllers and integrated circuits, flash memory, graphics chips, embedded processors, and other devices related to communications and computing. Last year Intel generated USD 71.9 billion in revenues — making it one of the leaders in this motherboard manufacturer ranking list in 2020.
- Founded: 1968
- Intel Revenue: USD 71.9 billion
- Intel Headquarters: Santa Clara, California, USA
- Intel Number of employees: 110,800
Intel Key Products and Services
- Central processing units
- Integrated graphics processing units (iGPU)
- Systems-on-chip (SoCs)
- Motherboard chipsets
- Network interface controllers
- Mobile phones
- Solid-state drives
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Chipsets
- Flash memory
- Vehicle automation sensors
6. Acer Inc.
Ranking 6th on this list of the best motherboard companies is Acer Inc., a Taiwanese multinational hardware and electronics corporation specializing in advanced electronics technology, headquartered in Xizhi, New Taipei City. Besides motherboards, Acer’s products include desktop PCs, laptop PCs (clamshells, 2-in-1s, convertibles, and Chromebooks), tablets, servers, storage devices, virtual reality devices, displays, smartphones, and peripherals, as well as gaming PCs and accessories under its Predator brand. Last year Acer generated USD 8.12 billion — making it one of the largest motherboards manufacturers in the world.
- Founded: 1976
- Acer Revenue: USD 8.12 billion
- Acer Headquarters: Xizhi, New Taipei, Taiwan
- Acer Number of employees: 7,967
Acer Products and Services
- Desktops, laptops, netbooks, servers, smartphones, tablet computers, storage, handhelds, monitors, Televisions LED, LCD & Plasma, video projectors, e-business
Ranking 7th on our list of the top 10 largest motherboard manufacturers in the world in 2020 is EVGA Corporation. EVGA Corporation is an American computer hardware company that produces Intel-chipset-based motherboards, as well as Nvidia GPU-based video cards. EVGA also manufactures gaming laptops, power supplies, All-In-One liquid cooling loops, computer cases, and gaming mice. Founded in 1999, EVGA Corporation generated USD 65 million in revenues last year.
- Founded: 1999
- EVGA Revenue: USD 65 million
- EVGA Headquarters: Brea and Santa Clara, California, USA
- EVGA Number of employees: 250+
EVGA Products and Services
- Graphics Cards, Motherboards, Power Supplies, AIOs, Monitors, Cases, Gaming Mice, Consumer Electronics
Biostar ranks 8th on this list of the top 10 motherboard manufacturers in the world. Biostar is a Taiwanese company that designs and manufactures computer hardware products such as motherboards, video cards, expansion cards, thermal grease, headphones, home theater PCs, remote controls, desktops, barebone computers, system-on-chip solutions, and industrial PCs. Founded in 1986, Biostar generated USD 147 million last year — making it one of the top motherboard companies in the world in 2020.
- Founded: 1986
- Biostar Revenue: USD 147 million
- Biostar Headquarters: New Taipei, Taiwan
- Biostar Number of employees: 553
Biostar Products and Services
- Barebone computers
- Expansion cards
- Graphics cards
- Home theater PCs
- Industrial PCs
- Remote controls
- Server hardware
- Small form factor
- System-on-chip solutions
- Thermal grease
American Megatrends ranks 9t on this list of the top 10 largest motherboard manufacturers in the world in 2020. American Megatrends is an international hardware and software company, specializing in PC hardware and firmware. American Megatrends was founded in 1985 by Pat Sarma and Subramonian Shankar. American Megatrends product line includes complete motherboards, positioning itself in the high-end segment. Last year American Megatrends generated USD 175 million — making it one of the top 10 motherboard manufacturers in the world in 2020.
- Founded: 1985
- American Megatrends Revenue: USD 175 million
- American Megatrends Headquarters: Gwinnett County, Georgia, USA
- American Megatrends Number of employees: 1000+
American Megatrends Products and Services
- Computer hardware
- Computer software
- Diagnostic software
- Remote access
- Storage systems
Rounding out BizVibe’s list of the top largest 10 motherboard manufacturers in the world in 2020 is Sapphire Technology, a Hong Kong-based technology company. Besides motherboards, Sapphire Technology also produces graphics cards for personal computers and workstations, TV tuner cards, digital audio players, and LCD TVs. Last year Sapphire Technology generated USD 590 million in revenues, making it one of the top motherboard companies in the world in 2020.
- Founded: 2001
- Sapphire Technology Revenue: USD 590 million
- Sapphire Technology Headquarters: Sha Tin New Town, Hong Kong
- Sapphire Technology Number of employees: 105+
This is BizVibe’s list of the top 10 largest motherboard manufacturers in the world in 2020. These are the top motherboard companies paving the way for the industry.
Top 20 Largest Motherboard Companies by Revenue
Here is a complete list of the top 20 motherboard companies ranked just by their revenues last year.
Revenue (USD millions)
|7||Elitegroup Computer Systems||927.11|
|13||Shuttle Computer Group||138|
|18||First International Computer||37|
- When it comes strictly to motherboards, Asus is the largest motherboard manufacturer in the world with revenues of USD 12.11 billion.
- Intel is the largest motherboard chipset manufacturer in the world in 2020.
The Future of the Top Motherboard Companies
The motherboard industry, especially when it comes to chipsets is expected to grow at a stellar rate. Leading the way are the top 10 largest motherboard manufacturers in the world in 2020. Which one of the top motherboard companies will move up the list next time?