The Current State of the Kitchen Appliance Industry
What are the best kitchen appliance brands in the world? Which kitchen appliance brands should I buy? These are questions asked every day. Whether it is for your kitchen at home, or for a kitchen elsewhere like at your business, one of the most important factors in choosing a consumer product is the trustworthiness of the kitchen appliance brand and the reliability of its products. This is BizVibe’s list of the top 10 best kitchen appliance brands in the world based on reliability ratings and revenue. These are the companies that you can trust when choosing kitchen appliance products.
Kitchen appliances are electrical machines that help with household functions such as cooking, cleaning, and food preservation. You can group kitchen appliances into multiple segments including small appliances, major appliances, luxury appliances, and more. How big is the kitchen appliance industry? According to market research experts, the kitchen appliance industry was valued at $237.3 Billion in 2019 and is expected to reach $377.70 Billion by 2027, registering a CAGR of 6.0% from 2020 to 2027. 7 of the top 10 kitchen appliance brands in the world generated over USD 1 billion in revenues last year.
- Discover who are the best kitchen appliance brands in the world by reliability ratings and revenue in 2020?
- Kitchen appliance industry stats and trends you should know.
- What kitchen appliances are consumers likely to buy in 2020
- What are the best kitchen appliances for the money?
BizVibe is already helping the top appliance brands in the world connect. Connect and track the latest news and insights from these companies.
Browse 1,000+ Profiles: Discover companies in the kitchen appliances industry and get access to detailed company profiles for free.
Kitchen Appliance Industry Stats and Trends
- The kitchen appliance industry was valued at $237.3 Billion in 2019 and is expected to reach $377.70 Billion by 2027, registering a CAGR of 6.0% by 2027.
- Currently, consumers are likely to buy air fryers and toasters as the top small kitchen appliances in 2020.
- Environmental concerns regarding rising pollution and global warming have led to the development of appliances that are energy efficient.
- Refrigerators contributed over 40% of the overall kitchen appliances market share and are forecast to witness growth at 4.7% till 2023.
- An increasing number of restaurants, hotels, and food line businesses are likely to aid the commercial kitchen appliances market size.
Top 10 Best Kitchen Appliance Brands in the World in 2020
What are the best kitchen appliance brands in the world in 2020? The following is a list of the top 10 kitchen appliance brands in the world in 2020, ranked by reliability ratings and business performance by revenue.
Ranking number 1 on BizVibe’s list of the top 10 best kitchen appliance brands in the world is Whirlpool, an American multinational manufacturer and marketer of home appliances, headquartered in Benton Charter Township, Michigan, United States. Whirpool is considered the most reliable home and kitchen appliance brand in the world with a reliability rating of 4.04% in 2020. By many, Whirlpool is arguably considered the best kitchen appliance brand in the world due to a low percentage of service calls needed; combined with great profitability for the company. Last year Whirlpool’s revenues exceeded USD 21.25 billion, and the company currently operates nine manufacturing facilities: Amana, Iowa; Tulsa, Oklahoma; Cleveland, Tennessee; Clyde, Ohio; Findlay, Ohio; Greenville, Ohio; Marion, Ohio; Ottawa, Ohio; and Fall River, Massachusetts.
Whirpool was founded 108 years ago in 1911 and is now considered a Fortune 500 company, employing over 92,000 people and running over 76 research centers to make sure the company is providing its customers with the most reliable kitchen appliances on the market today. Whirlpool kitchen appliances are known for their reliability.
- Founded: 1911
- Whirpool Headquarters: Benton Charter Township, Michigan, USA
- Whirpool Revenue: USD 21.25 billion
- Whirpool Number of Employees: 92,000
- Whirpool Reliability Rating: 4.04%
Major Whirpool Kitchen Appliance Brands
- Acros (México)
- Affresh Washer Cleaners
- Brastemp (Brazil)
- Diqua (China)
- Gladiator GarageWorks
- Hefei Sanyo (China)
- Hotpoint (Europe)
- Ignis [it]
- Royalstar (China)
No other company got more ratings than LG from the esteemed J.D. Power Ratings. LG is the highest-ranking kitchen appliance brand in terms of customers rating for 6 major appliance types including washers and dryers, ovens, refrigerators, and many more. LG is more than just a kitchen appliance brand, the company also makes other consumer home electronics such as televisions, audio equipment, soundbars, and more.
LG is a South Korean multinational electronics company headquartered in Yeouido-dong, Seoul, South Korea. The company brought in annual revenues of USD 54.4 billion last year — making it the 4th best kitchen appliance brand in the world by revenue in 2020. With a reliability rating of 5.98% based on service calls done by Yale Appliance, LG ranks 3rd in overall reliability ratings on this list of the top 10 kitchen appliance brands in the world.
- Founded: 1958
- LG Headquarters: Yeouido-dong, Seoul, South Korea
- LG Revenue: USD 54.4 billion
- LG Number of Employees: 72,600
- LG Reliability Rating: 5.98%
LG Home and Kitchen Appliance Products
- Washing machines
- Tumble dryers
- Vacuum cleaners
- Air conditioners
- Microwave ovens
LG vs Whirlpool Appliances
It comes down to personal preference and the answer can only be answered depending on who you ask. LG and Whirpool both rank at the top of reliability ratings, customer satisfaction, and revenues. Some say the technical workmanship of Whirlpool appliances are superior, while the features on LG kitchen appliances are more preferred. When it comes to the best kitchen appliances for the money, LG and Whirlpool are solid choices.
Ranking 3rd on this list of the top 10 best kitchen appliance brands in the world in 2020 is another South Korean multinational conglomerate Samsung. Like LG, Samsung is also another company known for advancing technology in its products consistently. By the numbers, Samsung is the best selling brand in the USA and what makes Samsung very appealing to a western audience is the fact that its kitchen appliances come with the tech that easily integrates with other devices such as Samsung smartphones and TVs. Imagine connecting your refrigerator with your TV or Samsung Galaxy device? You can do just that with Samsung’s family hub devices using the Samsung SmartThings app.
Samsung is headquartered in Seocho District, Seoul, South Korea, and currently brings in annual revenues of USD 208.5 billion — making it the best kitchen appliance brand on this list by revenue in 2020. Samsung kitchen appliances have a reliability rating of 10.04%, ranking 5th on this list and one of the most reliable appliance brands in the world.
- Founded: 1938
- Samsung Headquarters: Seocho District, Seoul, South Korea
- Samsung Revenue: USD 208.5 billion
- Samsung Number of Employees: 320,671
- Samsung Reliability Rating: 10.04%
Samsung Kitchen Appliance Products
- Samsung Refrigerators
- Samsung Ranges
- Samsung Dryers
- Samsung Washers and Washing Machines
- Samsung Microwaves
- Samsung Dishwashers
- Samsung Cooktops and Stove Tops
- Samsung Ovens
Bosch ranks 4th on this list of the top 10 kitchen appliance brands in the world in 2020. Bosch is a German multinational engineering and technology company headquartered in Gerlingen, near Stuttgart, Germany and the company is known for its high-quality products (ranking 6th in reliability ratings on this list). J.D. Power Ratings gave Bosch the 2nd most ratings among the top kitchen appliance brands, only behind LG. Bosch is considered more of a luxury kitchen appliance brand as their products typically cost more than Samsung’s or LG’s. With the premium price comes premium features such as self-cooling ovens and self-cleaning home appliances. Bosch brought in annual revenues of USD 84.84 billion last year, ranking 3rd overall on this list of top kitchen brands in the world by revenue.
- Founded: 1886
- Bosch Headquarters: Gerlingen, Germany
- Bosch Revenue: USD 84.84 billion
- Bosch Number of Employees: 400,100
- Bosch Reliability Rating: 11.61%
Bosch Kitchen Appliance Products
- Wall Ovens
- Coffee Machines
- Washers and Dryers
5th on this list of the top 10 kitchen appliance brands in the world list is Gaggenau Hausgeräte, a high-end German home appliance manufacturer. The company is headquartered in Munich, Germany and was founded back in 1683, making it one of the oldest companies around. Although masters of home appliances, Gaggenau is known for chef-grade kitchen appliances that come with a learning cover. Gaggenau products are for the purists. Last year, Gaggenau brought in annual revenues of USD 14.48 billion in 2020 as a subsidiary of BSH Hausgeräte.
- Founded: 1683
- Gaggenau Headquarters: Munich, Germany
- Gaggenau Revenue: USD 14.48 billion
- Gaggenau Reliability Rating: 9.03%
Gaggenau Kitchen Appliance Products
- Wall-mounted convection ovens
- Wall-mounted Combi (convection+steam) ovens
- Warming drawers
- Microwave ovens
- Wall-mounted coffee machines
- Ventilation hoods
- Refrigerators, freezers and Combi refrigerator/freezer units
- Wine cabinets
General Electric Company is an American multinational conglomerate incorporated in New York City and headquartered in Boston. In addition to home kitchen appliances the company also operates the following segments: aviation, healthcare, power, renewable energy, digital industry, additive manufacturing, venture capital and finance, and lighting. GE products have the 2nd highest kitchen appliance ratings on this list with a rating of 5.7%. GE’s revenues exceeded USD 121.61 billion last year, making it the 2nd highest revenue earner on this list of top appliance brands in 2020.
- Founded: 1892
- GE Headquarters: Boston, Massachusetts, USA
- GE Revenue: USD 121.61 billion
- GE Number of Employees: 205,000
- GE Reliability Rating: 5.7%
General Electric Kitchen Appliance Products
- Wall ovens
Ranking 7th on this list of the top 10 kitchen appliance brands in the world is Miele, a German manufacturer of high-end domestic appliances and commercial equipment, headquartered in Gütersloh, Ostwestfalen-Lippe. One of the oldest companies in the world that was founded back in 1899, the company brings in annual revenues of USD 4.5 billion and is considered one of the most reliables kitchen appliance brands in the world with a reliability rating of 16.60%. Known for innovation, Miele recently launched its Dialog Oven line with M-Chef Technology and automatic menu cooking.
- Founded: 1899
- Miele Headquarters: Gütersloh, Ostwestfalen-Lippe, Germany
- Miele Revenue: USD 4.5 billion
- Miele Number of Employees: 20,221
- Miele Reliability Rating: 16.60%
Miele Kitchen Appliance Products
- Laundry appliances
- Vacuum cleaners
- Rotary irons
- Built-in convection, steam, and speed ovens
- Hobs (cooker hoods, cooktops)
- Free-standing and built-in refrigerators
- Wine coolers
- Coffee systems
Fisher & Paykel is a major appliance manufacturer and is owned by Haier and headquartered in East Tamaki, New Zealand. Fisher & Paykel ranks 8th on this list with a reliability rating of 18.37%. The company also brings in annual revenues of USD 848.8 million and currently employs over 3300 people. Fisher & Paykel Appliances currently manufactures cooking, laundry, and whiteware appliances.
- Founded: 1899
- Fisher & Paykel Headquarters: East Tamaki, Auckland, New Zealand
- Fisher & Paykel Revenue: USD 848.8 million
- Fisher & Paykel Number of Employees: 3,300
- Fisher & Paykel Reliability Rating: 18.37%
Thermador is a home appliances manufacturers operating under BSH Hausgeräte GmbH. The company is headquartered in Irvine, CA, and received reliability ratings of 19.79%. Thermador revenues exceeded USD 30 million last year.
- Founded: 1916
- Thermador Headquarters: Irvine, CA
- Thermador Revenue: USD 30 million+
- Thermador Reliability Rating: 19.79%
Thermador Kitchen Appliance Products
- Warming drawers
- Built-in coffee machine
Rounding out BizVibe’s list of the top 10 best kitchen appliances in the world is KitchenAid, an American home appliance brand owned by Whirlpool Corporation. KitchenAid is a classic brand known for high-quality products and everyday affordability. One of the biggest features of KitchenAid is the different colors its products come in. KitchenAid has a reliability rating of 20.54%.
- Founded: 1919
- KitchenAid Headquarters: Benton Harbor, Michigan, USA
- United StatesKitchenAid Revenue: USD 4 million
- KitchenAid Number of Employees: 16,700
- KitchenAid Reliability Rating: 20.54%.
KitchenAid Kitchen Appliance Products
- Wall Ovens
- Undercounter Refrigerators
- Hoods & Vents
This is BizVibe’s list of the top 10 best kitchen appliance brands in 2020 taking reliability and revenue into account. These companies are changing the way businesses are pushing the boundaries in the global kitchen appliance industry and are leveraging technology to push the industry to new heights.
Best Kitchen Appliance Companies – Most Reliable Appliance Brands
The following is BizVibe’s complete ranking of most reliable appliance brands in the world as of 2020.
|8||Fisher & Paykel||18.37%||New Zealand|
Best Kitchen Appliances Brands in the World by Revenue as of 2020
|1||Samsung||USD 208.5 billion||South Korea|
|2||GE||USD 121.61 billion||USA|
|3||Bosch||USD 84.84 billion||Germany|
|4||LG||USD 54.4 billion||South Korea|
|5||Whirlpool||USD 21.25 billion||USA|
|6||Gaggenau||USD 14.48 billion||Germany|
|7||Miele||USD 4.5 billion||Germany|
|8||Fisher & Paykel||USD 848.8 million||New Zealand|
|9||Thermador||USD 30 million+||USA|
|10||KitchenAid||USD 4 million||USA|
- Samsung is the largest kitchen appliance brand in the world by revenue, bringing in USD 208.5 billion last year.
- 7 out of the top 10 best kitchen appliance brands in the world generate over billion USD in revenues annually, making the market extremely lucrative.
The Future of the Global Kitchen Appliance Industry
What’s the future of the global kitchen appliance industry? The industry is trending towards technological innovation and energy-efficiency. The best kitchen appliance brands are integrating their kitchen appliance products with smartphones, TVs, and smart hubs to make the exp[erience more seamless than ever before. Expect to see the leading brands push new technology to gain an advantage in the market as the future for consumers will only get better as the attention shifts to more energy-efficient products.