The Current State of the Top 5G Companies in the World
5G presents an opportunity for telecom service operators and chip manufacturers to tap into new revenue streams emerging from the digitalization of industries. The biggest 5G companies are leading this transformation. This post is to breakdown the top 5G companies to invest in as of 2020 based on stellar market performance, future growth potential, and opportunities to excel with this new technology expected to globally roll out everywhere soon.
With the expansion of 5G mobile networks underway in the USA and the rest of the world. just how much is the 5G market currently worth? In terms of growth, The global 5G services market is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate of 43.9% from 2021 to 2027 to reach USD 414.5 billion by 2027. The 5G business potential shows operators can benefit from up to USD 619 billion market opportunity globally in 2026. The top 5G companies to invest in right now are Ericsson (ERIC), Verizon Communications (VZ), Nokia (NOK), and many more discussed below. This post will breakdown the following and more.
- What are the best 5g companies
- How much is the 5G market worth?
- Which countries lead in the 5G network market share?
- What are the global 5G market analysis, stats, and trends you should know in 2020?
BizVibe is already helping the top 5G companies in the world connect with potential business partners and more. Connect and track the latest news and insights from these companies.
Global 5G Market Analysis, Stats, and Trends
- 5G growth forecast: The global 5G services market is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate of 43.9% from 2021 to 2027 to reach USD 414.5 billion by 2027.
- 5G wireless mobile services are expected to commercialize in 2020 and enable a fully mobile and connected environment by delivering a wide range of use cases and business models to consumers.
- North America is expected to dominate the 5G services market with a share of 34.3% by 2020.
- Mobile service providers based in the USA invested around USD 250 billion in mobile network infrastructure rollout between 2010 and 2017.
Top 5G Companies to Invest in (2020)
Who are the biggest 5G companies in the world in 2020? The following is a list of top 5G companies in the world to invest in as of 2020.
Revenue (USD billions)
Market Cap (USD billions
|2||Verizon Communications (VZ)||131.86||230.69|
|4||T-Mobile US (TMUS)||44.99||129.98|
|7||Analog Devices (ADI)||6.2||42.01|
Number 1 on this list of the top 5G companies to invest in as of 2020 is Ericsson, a Swedish multinational networking and telecommunications company headquartered in Stockholm. Ericsson brought in annual revenues of USD 25.62 billion last year making it one of the biggest 5G companies around and overall one of the biggest telecommunications companies. As of 2020, Ericsson has a 27% market share in the 2G/3G/4G mobile network infrastructure market and is known for its 5G hardware development, actively pioneering by being at the forefront of field trials and research programs with mobile operators around the world, including Verizon, AT&T (T), China Mobile (CHL), and South Korea’s SK Telecom Company Ltd. (SKM), and many more. The company employs around 99,417 people and operates in around 180 countries. The inventor of Bluetooth technology, Ericsson holds over 49,000 granted patents, including many in wireless communications.
Ericsson’s network division has been described as a driver in the development of 2G, 3G, 4G/LTE, and 5G technology, to evolve towards all-IP and develop LTE systems. Ericsson currently provides 54 Live 5G networks in over 27 5G countries. Some of the most notable content providers using Ericsson 5G technology are AT&T, China Mobile, GCI, Rogers, and more. These services provide 5G technology to leading nations such as the USA, Canada, and China. As of 2020, Ericsson has 99 commercial 5G agreements or contracts with unique operators — making the company one of the top 5g companies to invest in as of 2020.
- Founded: 1876
- Ericsson Headquarters: Stockholm, Sweden
- Ericsson Revenue: USD 25.62 billion
- Ericsson Market Cap: USD 25 billion
- Ericsson Number of Employees: 99,417
Ericsson Partnered 5G Technology Service Providers
5G Technology Service Providers
|Batelco||Orange Romania||Vodafone Spain|
|China Mobile||Polkomtel||Vodafone UK|
|China Unicom||SK Telecom||Zain|
|LG U+||Telia Sweden|
|Magyar Telekom||True Thailand|
Verizon plans to increase its number of 5G cell sites by 500% in 2020 and deploy its 5G network in 30 new cities by the end of the year. Verizon ranks 2nd on this list of the top 5G companies to invest in as of 2020 due to its lofty vision and expected expansion of its 5G services. Verizon is an American multinational telecommunications conglomerate and a corporate component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average. Verizon began rolling out its 5G mobile network in April 2019 and by year’s end, it was active in 30 cities. Verizon is one of the best 5g stocks to invest in due to its very balanced balance sheet and extremely large subscriber base. As of now, Verizon also pays a very lucrative and sizable 4.5% dividend. Verizon’s flagship 5G service is branded under Verizon 5G Ultra Wideband.
- Founded: 1983
- Verizon Headquarters: New York City, New York, USA.
- Verizon Revenue: USD 131.86 billion
- Verizon Market Cap: USD 230.69 billion
- Verizon Number of Employees: 135,400
US Cities with Verizon 5G Ultraband
Verizon 5G Ultraband Locations
|Atlanta, Georgia||Boston, Massachusetts|
|Boise, Idaho||Charlotte, North Carolina|
|Chicago, Illinois||Cincinnati, Ohio|
|Cleveland, Ohio||Columbus, Ohio|
|Dallas, Texas||Denver, Colorado|
|Des Moines, Iowa||Detroit, Michigan|
|Grand Rapids, Michigan||Greensboro, North Carolina|
|Hampton Roads, Virginia||Hoboken, New Jersey|
|Houston, Texas||Indianapolis, Indiana|
|Kansas City, Missouri||Little Rock, Arkansas|
|Los Angeles, California||Memphis, Tennessee|
|Miami, Florida||Minneapolis, Minnesota|
|New York, New York||Omaha, Nebraska|
|Panama City, Florida||Phoenix, Arizona|
|Providence, Rhode Island||Saint Paul, Minnesota|
|Sioux Falls, South Dakota||Spokane, Washington|
3. Nokia (NOK)
Ranking 3rd on this list of biggest 5g companies to invest in 2020 is Nokia, a Finnish multinational telecommunications, information technology, and consumer electronics company, founded in 1865 and an early adopter of 5G technology. Like Ericsson, Nokia’s specialty is as a 5G network supplier and currently, it’s the only network supplier whose 5G technology has been contracted by all four nationwide operators in the US, all three operators in South Korea and all three nationwide operators in Japan. Currently, Nokia has 18 live networks and over 152 5G agreements. 79 of Nokia’s signed agreements exclude other types of 5G agreements, such as paid network trials, pilots, or demonstrations. Nokia is serious about rolling out 5G technology to the global market and that’s why it’s one of the top 5G stocks to invest in 2020.
Nokia is a supplier network for many notable service providers including AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile US and Verizon in the US; Korea Telecom, LG Uplus and SK Telecom in South Korea; NTT DOCOMO, KDDI, and SoftBank in Japan; Vodafone in Italy; O2 in the UK, Optus and Vodafone Hutchison in Australia; Elisa and Telia in Finland and du in the UAE and STC and Zain in Saudi Arabia. Nokia currently has over 29 live 5G networks.
- Founded: 1865
- Nokia Headquarters: Espoo, Finland
- Nokia Revenue: USD 26.97 billion
- Nokia Market Cap: USD 18.5 billion
- Nokia Number of Employees: 98,322
Nokia Partnered 5G Technology Service Providers
- Americas: Antel Uruguay, AT&T, Bell Canada, Setar Aruba, Shaw Canada, Sprint, T-Mobile, TELUS, US Cellular, Verizon.
- Europe: A1 Austria, Deutsche Bahn, Elisa Finland, Free Mobile France, Iliad Italy, LMT Latvia, O2 Germany, O2 UK, Orange France, Orange Slovakia, Salt Switzerland, Sandvik, SFR France, Telia Company, Three United Kingdom, Vodafone Italy.
- The Middle East and Africa: du UAE, Mobily Saudi Arabia, Ooredoo Qatar, STC Saudi Arabia, Zain KSA.
- Asia Pacific: China Mobile, China Unicom, China Telecom, Chunghwa Telecom, Docomo Pacific, KDDI Japan, KT Korea, LG Uplus Korea, NTT, Docomo, Optus Australia, SK Telecom (Korea), SoftBank Japan, Spark New Zealand, Taiwan Mobile, Taiwan Star, TPEC, Vodafone Australia, Vodafone New Zealand.
T-Mobile US (TMUS) is is an American wireless network operator. Its largest shareholder is the German telecommunications company Deutsche Telekom (DT) with a 43% share, with a Japanese conglomerate holding company SoftBank Group partially owning the company as well at a 24% share. According to experts, after its Sprint buyout, T-Mobile was one of the first service provers to roll out a “real 5G nationwide network.” T-Mobile has built a significant portion of its 5G network using its 600MHz spectrum. The company has long maintained that at a nationwide scale, high-band 5G isn’t feasible. By 2024, the new T-Mobile network will have approximately double the total capacity and triple the total 5G capacity of T-Mobile and Sprint combined. That buyout helped propelled T-Mobile forward. With a market of USD 129.98 billion and a consistent annual revenue exceeding USD 44.99 billion, it’s no wonder why T-Mobile remains one of the leading 5G companies to invest in 2020.
- Founded: 1994
- T-Mobile US Headquarters: Bellevue, Washington, USA
- T-Mobile US Revenue: USD 44.99 billion
- T-Mobile US Market Cap: USD 129.98 billion
- T-Mobile US Number of Employees: 52,000
5th on this list is Qualcomm, an American public multinational corporation headquartered in San Diego, California, and incorporated in Delaware. It creates an intellectual property, semiconductors, software, and services related to wireless technology. Qualcomm is trying to pursue some revolutionary technology, Qualcomm strategy involves covering 4G, 5G, and Wi-Fi technology to support multimode mobile devices that can jump between networks seamlessly as 5G network capabilities are phased in overtime. Qualcomm is also known as a leading 5G chip maker. Qualcomm harnesses the power of 5G with comprehensive modem-to-antenna solutions for smartphones. Qualcomm generated USD 24.27 billion in revenue last year, with a current market cap of USD 81 billion — making it one of the top 5G technology companies in the world to invest in.
- Founded: 1985
- Qualcomm Headquarters: San Diego, California, USA
- Qualcomm Revenue: USD 24.27 billion
- Qualcomm Market Cap: USD 81 billion
- Qualcomm Number of Employees: 37,000
6th on this list of the top 5G companies to invest in as of 2020 is Broadcom, an American designer, developer, manufacturer and global supplier of a wide range of semiconductor and infrastructure software products. Broadcom’s cash flow margin of greater than 40% and sizable dividend at 4.1% makes the company a lucrative 5G technology company to invest in. Along with Qualcomm and Intel, Broadcomm is one of the top chip companies expected to benefit the most monetarily from 5G technology. Broadcomm will mainly sell its 5G chips for Apple’s products. Broadcom will sell $15 billion of wireless components to Apple. Apple’s business comprised 20% of Broadcom’s net revenue in 2019 and 25% in 2018.
- Founded: 1961
- Broadcom Headquarters: San Jose, California, USA
- Broadcom Revenue: USD 20.84 billion
- Broadcom Market Cap: USD 126.2 billion
- Broadcom Number of Employees: 15,000
With a roughly a 70% market share, Analog Devices is the dominant player in 5G radio signal chain technology. Analog Devices is an American multinational semiconductor company specializing in data conversion, signal processing, and power management technology, headquartered in Norwood, Massachusetts. Analog Devices generated USD 6.2 billion in revenue last year — making it one of the top 5G technology companies to invest in due to its stellar revenues. ADI has not only contributed to the advancement of the communication for 2G, 3G, and 4G but enabled every major field test of 5G and helped create one of the world’s first 5G networks. Without the technology developed at ADI, the 5G communications industry structure that exists today would not be possible.
- Founded: 1965
- Analog Devices Headquarters: Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA
- Analog Devices Revenue: USD 6.2 billion
- Analog Devices Market Cap: USD 42.01 billion
- Analog Devices Number of Employees: 15,300
This is BizVibe’s list of the top 5G companies to invest in as of 2020. Analysts believe Ericsson (ERIC), Verizon Communications (VZ), Nokia (NOK), T-Mobile US (TMUS), Qualcomm (QCOM), Broadcom (AVGO), and Analog Devices (ADI) are the best 5g stocks to invest in 2020.
The Future of the Global 5G Market
One of the largest drivers of the 5G market is the increasing number of IoT devices and edge computing. 5G mobile networks are the natural evolution of 4G/LTE mobile networks. But when it comes to private enterprise networks, they are expected to be the next big thing. At the forefront of this expansion and growth are the top 5G companies to invest in as of 2020 that were listed in this article. Expect this to be a race and global, widespread adoption to shape up very soon all over the world. The process will be gradual but it’s coming.