Canada’s transportation and logistics industry is affected by the country’s large size, diverse geography, and fluctuating dollar, as well as shifts in the global economy. Effective risk management is key for success in this industry. The Canadian transportation and logistics industry is vitally important to Canada’s economy as many of the country’s industries rely on it for the security and performance of their supply chains. Here is BizVibe’s list of the top 10 Canadian transportation and logistics companies:
- Purolator: Purolator is 91% owned by Canada Post, with the remainder of ownership split between Barry Lapointe Holdings Ltd. (7%) and others (2%). The company provides integrated freight, parcel, and logistics solutions across Canada and generates revenue of over CAD 1 billion annually. It has partnered with UPS for deliveries outside of Canada.
- Day & Ross Transportation Group: Founded in 1950 as the transportation and logistics subsidiary of McCain Foods Limited, Day & Ross Transportation group provides a variety of solutions, including transportation hauling, dedicated fleet operation logistics, and same-day delivery services. It has 2,500 employees across Canada, 3,500 owner operators and 3,300 company-owned trucks and trailers.
- Simard: Founded in 1943, Simard offers freight trucking services and freight logistic services to clients across Canada. Its facilities are located close to maritime terminals, airports and railways Montreal, Toronto, and Vancouver.
- Westcan Bulk Transport: With headquarters in Edmonton, Alberta, the company offers bulk transport, flat deck freight, product handling and warehousing, oilfield services, and other transportation and logistics It mainly serves customers throughout Alberta, British Columbia, Saskatchewan, Ontario, and the Western Arctic and is one of the largest niche bulk commodity haulers in Western Canada.
- Normandin Transit: Founded in 1988, the company specializes in the transportation of less than truckload and full truckload freight shipments. It is one of the largest public fleets in the province of Quebec and has a fleet of 369 vehicles and 1,077 trailers.
- Groupe Robert: Founded as Robert Transportation in 1946, the company offers integrated transportation and logistics, distribution, and warehousing and storage solutions throughout Canada and North America. It is headquartered in Rougemont, Quebec.
- Siemens Transportation Group: As one of the largest transportation and logistics companies in Canada, Siemens consists of 8 different trucking divisions, including International Truckload, Less Than Truckload, International Flat Deck, Ground Courier, Warehouse Distribution, and Third Party Transportation. The company was founded in 1962 and is based in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan.
- Penner International: Founded in 1923, Penner International specializes in truckload dry van, international transport, and domestic transport throughout Canada. It has a fleet of a fleet of 395 tractors, 705 dry van tandem trailers, and 100 dry van tandem trailers with heaters.
- Hyndman Transport: Operating as a subsidiary of Celadon Group, Inc., Hyndman Transport provides transportation and logistics services across Canada and the US. The company is headquartered in Wroxeter, Ontario and was founded in 1972.
- Western Canada Express: The company specializes in freight forwarding and intermodal transportation to Canada’s Western provinces and territories. It was founded in 1994 and offers transportation and logistics services to some of the largest companies in Canada.
Thousands of Canada’s transportation and logistics companies can be in your contact list if you join BizVibe today. Whether you are looking for reliable suppliers, top manufacturers, wholesalers and potential customers in over 70 countries, or want to find out what your competitors are buying and which suppliers they’re using, BizVibe can help you reach out to sales prospects and decision-makers across the globe.